Monday, March 17, 2008

God's Word

Psalm 119 (taken from my daughter's reading text book)

Blest are the undefiled in heart,
Whose ways are right and clean;
Who never from Thy Law depart,
But on Thy precepts lean.

Blest are the men who keep Thy Word,
And practice Thy commands;
With their whole heart they seek the Lord,
And serve Him with their hands.

How shall the young man cleanse his way
And guard his life from sin?
By taking heed to what You say
To hide Thy Word within.

With my whole heart I've saught Thy face;
Oh, let me never stray
From Thy commands, O God of grace,
Nor treat the sinner's way.

Thy Word I've hid within my heart
That it may stay with me
To warn me when my steps would start
To sin and turn from Thee.

To meditate Thy precepts, Lord,
Shall be my sweet employ;
My soul shall not forget Thy Word;
Thy Word is all my joy.

Deal kindly with Thy servant, Lord,
That I may live to Thee;
Open mine eyes to read Thy Word,
And wondrous things to see.

Oh, that the Lord would guide my ways
To keep His statues still!
Oh, that my God would grant me grace
To know and do His will!

Make me to walk in Thy commands,
This path is my delight.
Incline my heart, my head, my hands
To cleave unto the right.

Oh, how I love Thy holy Law!
Through all the day I find
My meditations there can draw
Sweet rest and peace of mind.

'Tis like the sun, a heavenly light,
That guides us all the day;
And through the dangers of the night,
A lamp to lead our way.

(Bible Nurture and Reader Series Rod and Staff Publishers, Inc.)

No comments: