1. "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 - that means that we have all sinned and done things that are displeasing to God. There is no one who is innocent. We have all fallen short of God's original purpose/plan for us.
2. "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23 - the next verse explains there are consequences for sin and they are not physical, but eternal. We know that wages are earned, a gift is offered with no strings attached - that is what Jesus has done for us.
3. "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 - Jesus' death on the cross paid for the price/penalty for our sins. Jesus' resurrection proves that God accepted Jesus' death as the payment in full for our sins.
4. "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9 - Because of Jesus' death in our place, all we have to do is believe in Him, trusting His death as the payment for our sins - and we will be saved! Jesus died to pay the penalty for our sins and rescue us from eternal death and eternal separation from our Creator and Savior. Salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is available to anyone who will trust in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
5. "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13 - All you have to do is ask in HIS name and He hears and saves you from sin.
6. "THEREFORE, SINCE we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ." Romans 5:1 - Through an individual relationship with Jesus Christ we can have peace with God.
7. "THEREFORE, THERE is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 - Because of Jesus' death on our behalf, we will never be condemned for our sins if we accept HIS free gift.
8. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 - There is a battle being faught and we must equip ourselves in Jesus, but NOTHING can separate those who have decided to follow Jesus from Jesus.
If you would like to have Jesus in your life and want a personal relationship with him you can pray this prayer below...
I admit that I am a sinner and that I need to be forgiven. I believe that YOU are God's Son and that YOU died on the Cross for my sins. Please come into my life and forgive me of my sins, so I can become a child of God. Please fill me with YOUR Holy Spirit and give me strength to follow YOU in all I do.
1. You need to start reading God's Word, the Bible - it is the plan... start with the gospel of John. - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=50&chapter=1&version=31
2. You need to pray everyday to seek God's wisdom for situations in your life. There is a battle raging and satan doesn't want you to tap into God's power through prayer. You can find an example of prayer in Matthew 6:9-15 - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%206:9-15%20;&version=31; - The Lord's Prayer.
3. You need to find a body of believers who can walk with you along the way and encourage you in the journey. Click here - http://app.nazarene.org/FindAChurch/ to find a Bible believing church near you.
Scripture taken from the New International Version